Friday, March 18, 2016

All About Genre

As I mentioned in my first post I want to do either drama or mystery. Since the beginning it really hasn't been question on what I genre I would do, but rather what idea. Even though I am almost 100 percent sure it will be one of those two genres I still don't know much about them. Over these couple of days I have researched a lot about drama here is what I found ....


The genre of drama is broader and larger than I thought writhing the drama genre there are sub genres, such as romance, tragedy, melodrama, etc.. Drama focuses on the emotional and development of the realistic characters. This contrast from other genres because it focused on real life conflicts and struggles, whether it is with another character or within. From this research my OCD idea would definitely fall under this genre.


In contrast, mystery most often focuses on crime and the investigation by a detective.  One of mysteries unique characteristics is its use of music to create suspense. Similarly to drama, mystery also has subheadings such as open-mystery and film-noir.


After this research I think I am going to stick to Drama. I can't wait to start researching OCD and start my storyboard.



"Mystery/suspense." The Script Lab. N.p., n.d. Web. 


"Mystery/Suspense." Genre: Mystery / Suspense. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. 

"Genre: Drama Conventions." A2 Film Studies. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016.











No comments:

Post a Comment