Friday, March 3, 2017

The Beginning... again!

I am so excited to show you all what I will be doing for my A level Media Studies Portfolio Project! Since my last years “Formation” opening film I feel I have learned a lot and I’m excited to show my growth.

I have decided to do a music campaign!! This is completely different from what I normally would do, but  I am ready to get out of my comfort zone. When I first heard this choice I immediately thought of my friend in Spain that I met at a summer camp, he has been writing music for over a year and really wanted to get his music out there. However,I soon discarded this idea because I felt the distance and time difference would be an inconvenience and make the filming and the whole process too complicated.

A few days before we had to decide on our project I attended an open mic night for my school's Drama Club. This event allows everyone to sing, dance, act, and read their poetry. At one point a girl introduces herself as Emanuelle Sasson and explained that she is working on an album and performed an original song. After hearing her sing I knew that I wanted to help her reach her goal, her voice was so unique that I was immediately captured.

Regardless of which project I decided on I knew I wanted to work individually since I had already experienced working with a partner on last years project. However, this all changed when my friends Isabella also took interest in Emanuelle. Isa and I have worked together on many theater performances in the past, therefore I knew that our ideas would only complement each other. We will be meeting with Emanuelle this week to interview her and understand her goals for her music.
I am so excited to show you all what I will be doing for my A level Media Studies Portfolio Project! Since my last years “Formation” opening film I feel I have learned a lot and I’m excited to show my growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment