Saturday, March 25, 2017

Digipak Inspiration

Before I begin talking about the digipak I would just like to say that this week has been so great. I feel Isa and I are finally on the right track. I was really excited to begin this project, but the last two weeks have been really frustrating because I feel we haven't made much progress. However, this week we started to develop more ideas and I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Okay now the digipak...this week Mrs. Stoklosa showed us some tangible example of  digipaks because lets be honest most of us don't buy these anymore. Isa and I really liked some of them and were able to get inspiration for Em's digipak.

Here are a few of the examples we saw...


Isa and I love the  simplicity and overall look of this one. I specifically love the sketches and how the writing is handwritten. We definitely want to include a handwritten note from Em to her fans somewhere in the digipak. This will make the fans feel more connected to Em and will be more likely to purchase her music.







The bright colors in this one are sure to catch
peoples attention, which is why we are trying to stay away from black and white. We like the lyric booklet in this one, however I think we are going to stick with a more traditional style book.








We love the layout of this digipak, but do not like the two CD holder because it makes the whole digipak too bulky. As of now we are doing three panels, this will allow us to include all the necessary information, but still be creative with our placement.





This is a rough rough draft of what we want Em's digipak to look like. The front will obviously be her cover with the album title. Inside will be the song book that will have a pocket so it is easy to pull out and put back in. As I mentioned before we want there to be a note written by Em to her fans. Most importantly we are going to make one of the panels have all of her social media information. The main issue we are still trying to figure out is the color scheme for her brand. It will definitely include black and white, but we don't know if we want a lot of other bright colors or maybe just a powerful color like red.  I know it is hard to imagine how it is going to look, Isa and I plan to make a vlog regarding the digipak soon so it is easier to visualize.

Also, my friend is also doing a music campaign and she found this website to create the digipak,  I will be looking into it very soon. We also plan to start the website this week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment