Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Technology is NOT on my side.

        We are currently in our last week of our Film Opening Project. It feels like we just started last week. Although I am trying to work fast to be able to complete everything and be of good quality, I am having a hard time working with technology. Yes, technology is NOT on my side. Not only am I not used to Apple computers, but even the technology I am comfortable with is not cooperating. Due to storage issues Lianna was not able to send me the videos to my phone, she ended up deleting everything on her phone to be able to send them to me. Now that the videos are on my phone they won't send to my email (why does this always happen to me). We decided to start editing the film on the phone with iMovie and then transfer it to the computer. When we went to transfer it we emailed it and then had to change it from QuickTime to iMovie format. It's not all bad, at the end of the day we were able to transfer it and save it, but then today we go on the same computer and it DELETED. I don't understand why technology hates me. After school I am going to go to my friends house and try to edit as much as possible.

A few hours later...

      I just got back from my friend's house and I was able to accomplish a lot. I edited most of it. It looks better than I imagined! We still have to finish the end and add the voice overs. Although I did a lot I have encountered a little bump. When we were filming I thought we would not have enough footage, but it so happens that we have too much. The film in currently at 1 minute and 57 seconds and we still need to include the last scene where she meets the guy. I was thinking of just cutting that scene out, but then I feel there is nothing to hold the audience's attention and make them want to keep watching. I also considered taking out a part where she separates the cereal from the marshmallows. The problem with cutting that scene is that it plays such an important role on what OCD is. I am going to show my classmates tomorrow and see what they think.  I am a little less stressed now that everything is finally starting to flow.


"Redirect Notice." Redirect Notice. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Apr. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment