Thursday, April 7, 2016

Smooth Landing

I have finally finished editing and I LOVE it, my expectations have been met. Since this is the last post where I can extensively explain and talk about everything, that is exactly what I am going to do. First, I have learned so much throughout the year and this project defectively tested all my skills. Although there were a lot of bumps on the road, there where many uphill climbs. I would say the biggest challenge was technology, for all the editing I had to go to my friends house. Once we got an idea and elaborated on it the development of the character and shots were pretty easy. The filming was also really good. Regardless of all the ups and downs everything was SO worth it. I feel the film opening is a clear representation of everything I have learned through out the year.


Most of the choices in my film were extensively thought out. Here are some fun facts and reason behind some choices.

Although we wanted to include voice overs, we didn't want to include too many so people can still focus on the overall story.

On the close up of the hand being washed I put lipstick on my knuckles to make it look like the skin is irritated. This is meant to symbolize the frequency that Ana washed her hands. From my past research some people with OCD wash their hands more than 100 times a day,  

The color of the font is all black and white to elaborate on the simplistic and theme we were going for.

We chose a white shirt to symbolize a clean and simplistic environment.


I have also started writing my Critical Reflection so here is a sneak peak...



Hello my name is Catalina Castro and welcome to my Creative Critical Reflection for my AS level Media Studies project. Throughout the course of  making my film opening I faced a lot of challenges ,but was able to overcome them. I would definitely not call this an easy project, but because of it I feel that my skills have been challenged and showcased.  I am so excited to reflect and share my long journey with you and the thoughts behind my film Formation.




Can't wait to upload my final film opening. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment